For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. -1 Corinthians 3:11

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Playing catch up.

So... yes, it has been way too long since my last post. Things have been crazy busy around here... AND my camera was M.I.A. (it was at my parents) for a little bit so I didn't have my pictures. So we have a lot of catching up to do!

Things have been going really great out at the house. It is pretty much "roughed in" minus windows and doors. Over the last few weeks, the framing was completed on the top and bottom floors. Plywood walls were put up. Then the roof went on... and WOW what a huge difference that made. It is looking so much like a house now!! They got the stairs in, so no more climbing up ladders. We made a lot of decisions as far as the final layout of the walls and doors. We also decided that on the 2nd floor, rather than waste ceiling space, we vaulted all of the ceilings. It really opens it up and is absolutely beautiful! So excited to share a lot of pictures this 'go round'.

We have also been working on framing the garage. It is sure to be a great space... especially for my darling husband! Plenty of "work space".

HUGE thanks to my daddy, Jeff -Master Electrician- who came down about 2 weeks ago to get our house all wired up. So awesome! And with the amazing help of Matt and his dad, Ned, they finished in just 2 days! Thanks guys!! Also, thanks to our moms, Judy & Debbie for all the help sweeping and cleaning up!

Take a look at some of the pictures below... I am keeping some from this week still in hiding for another post later this week! :)



It's coming along!!



The staircase is in!!

Looking down the staircase





Our beautiful brick for the chimney, fireplace and around the bottom of the house



Daddy working - Columbia Electric

Ned and Matthew hard at work





Thanks again for all your help guys!! 





1 comment:

  1. Mercy me Lew I am SO EXCITED. I can't wait for everything to be ready for me ;)

    ReplyDelete